Shane has been involved in the martial arts from an early age and achieved his first grade in Karate at the age of 5 in 1982, 2 years later in 1984 he graded for his first belt in Jiu Jitsu. Shane has continued to train in and teach the martial arts ever since and in 2021 after 39 years of training achieved the rank of 7th Dan black belt.
Over the years Shane has trained and graded in various other styles including – Kickboxing, Mu-Chindo, Okinawan Weaponry & Boxing, but has always maintained his training in Karate & Jiu Jitsu.
Here is a list of Shane’s current grades and when they were achieved –
- 7th Dan Wado-Ryu – Awarded November 2021
- 6th Dan Jiu Jitsu – Awarded November 2018
- 4th Dan Kickboxing – Awarded December 2007
- 4th Dan Mu-Chindo – Awarded May 2011
- 4th Dan Kobu-Jitsu – Awarded April 2016
- 3rd Dan Tonfa Jitsu – Awarded July 2017
- 2nd Dan Bo-Jitsu – Awarded October 2011